Tuesday, May 29, 2007

evidently we were supposed to blog about our video cast

Since I didn't blog about my video, here goes. This was interestingly one of the most fun projects I have had to do in my college career. Trevor and I decided to do a parody of Expedition 360, in which a man is chronicling his journey around the world. For our video, we decided to do Expedition OU. We probably put in a bit more effort than was needed, recording over a half-hour of footage for this project, but it was just plain fun.

When editing we took a map of campus, and in After Effects created the red line to follow our jouney. We layered this on top of footage. Then we pretty much cut out all of the massive amounts of excess footage, getting just enough to fullfill our time requirments.

When puting it up online, it was a balance of file size to quality. I ended up using an h.624 compressor at medium quality, bumping the aspect ratio down t o 400 x 300. To save a little bit more space I lowered the audio to mono, 44.1k, and 8 bits. I'm not sure how much this did, but I think I was able to export the video at slightly higher quality as a result.

No comments: